Monday, December 5, 2011

Why can't I just do it already?!?!

Ok so a question that I am really struggling with right now is why do I always start something and never seem to finish it....when it comes to ME. I have great intentions and mentally you could not stop me! However physically I am like a totally different person. I feel like I would be unstoppable......if I could only just get started! Anyone who knows me knows that I have always struggled with my weight. I feel like I have tried everything known to man....or have I? Truth be told I started with great intentions and for whatever reason never saw it through to the end...but why? What is it going to take for me to "love myself"enough to do it already? One of my fVorite shows is the biggest loser. I sit on my couch every Tuesday of every episode and get motivated.....while eating ice cream or some other non healthy snack that I am sure is going to make my muffin top a little bit fluffier! I love workout clothes, the environment of a gym, the thought of going and how I think I would feel after, and I would LOVE to have my main priority of the day to be exercising! I would love to be one of those people who HAS to exercise pretty much every day or they truly miss it. so again I ask.....what is it going to take? I watched on The Doctors the other day about thins new workout program called the Pink Method. Designed by women for women. I think it's like P90X but for women. Sounds great! I liked all of it till I got to the part where you have to follow their nutrition guide....no thanks, my interest level just went right down the drain! Is it easier to exercise in the comfort of your own home? Is the environment of a gym more motivating? At this point I am not sure where to start, but I know I have to do something. I am going to be 40 in a few very short months (and yes it kills me to say that), and I stress about getting older as it is. I think the best gift I an give myself is to feel better about myself and I know that I am the only one who can do that. I am just struggling to find what is going to work for me.

2 comments:

  1. You just have to do it, whether you want to or not. After awhile it will be the thing you want to do. Pick a goal and see it through. I think you are really great at starting but have a hard time with follow through. You are capable of so much more than you give yourself credit for. If you want to get fit stop talking about it and start doing it. That was your tough love dose for the day. I love how you are being so vulnerable here and opening up your heart. If you want me to push you, I will. But ultimately you have to want it for you...and you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I love the tough love! So I want to do it, where do I begin? When you have a chance check out www.pinkmethod.com and let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete