Sunday, December 11, 2011

It's a start....right????

So today my neighbor invites me to join her in a jog.  First let me start off by saying that she is an avid runner, athlete, exercise guru etc.......however at one time not so very long ago she was where I am with the whole weight loss issue, so I know she understands more than anyone!  I want this healthier lifestyle so bad....mentally, however physically I struggle so bad!  My words definitely speak louder than my actions.  Today though I went with it.  I went on the jog with her.  What was strange though is that I WANTED to go!  We jogged around the block (30min. walk) the first time with several walk breaks and walked around the second time.  It was definitely tough and definitely out of my comfort zone, but when I got home I was soooo happy I did it!  I think what I need to do is to make an exercise schedule just like I schedule everything else and stick to it.  I don't make it a habbit of missing my other appointments whether it be at the doctor or meeting a friend for lunch, so why should I continue to make it a habbit of missing the appointments that are for ME, going to make ME feel better, that will make ME healthier, that will make ME skinnier, that will enable ME to wear a smaller size, that will make ME more comfortable, that will let ME have a better self image and self esteem.....(catch my drift?)  Anyway....I think that is what I am going to do.  I am going to go and make an exercise schedule for this week.  I think I will keep it light for the first week and go from there.  Thanks Katie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment