Monday, December 12, 2011

Now I understand why they call them "the good ole days"

Don't you ever wonder how our moms were able to raise us "back in the day" and still manage to keep their sanity? I mean think about it; Let's look at car seats! They didn't even have them! They just put us on the seat and away they went, and we turned out fine didn't we? But we have to deal with an infant seat facing backwards, then an infant seat facing forward, then at a certain age AND weight they move to a booster seat, then again after a certain age AND height it's the booster seat without the back, then when the requirements are again met they can sit in the back.....with the seatbelt of course,nthen FINALLY When they are 21 they can join us up front. Ok maybe not quite 21 but you get the point! What made me think about the car seat is on my way to the store today Trace threw up in his car seat not once but twice...great, he was. Wet, all of his clothes were wet and his car seat was very wet! so on the way home I debated, I could either put him in a very wet and smelly car seat that he "belongs" in or I could put him in his brothers booster seat for the ride home. Well since I bought him a new pair of pants and a t shirt at the store, I opted to let him ride in his brothers booster seat. He was very excited to say the least, however he also thought it was funny to unbuckle his seatbelt not once but twice on the way home. I found myself panicking to pull the car over and get him buckled in and then it hit me "what did they do 30 yrs ago"? Did we really sit in our seats like well behaved children or did we bounce on the seats and climb from front to the back seats?

No comments:

Post a Comment